A Program Created to Support Brain Health
Partial Day Program
Come learn about the Minds Matter program and this fresh approach that provides exercise, cognitive stimulation, a brain healthy lunch and music therapy in a supportive environment. This technique is delivered by professional dementia practitioners and is proven to support brain health. Our program offers a 4-hour respite for caregivers. Your loved-ones will have a sense of purpose and meet friends!
- Slows down progression of disease – Currently there is not a cure – research supports that lifestyle modifications in these categories provide the most hope.
- Provides socialization – isolation can cause depression.
- Supports caregiver who may need time to run errands – relieves caregiver burnout.
- Provides compassionate care and spiritual support – enhancing a positive outlook.
- Supports fall prevention – strengthening muscles.
- Relieves anxiety – improving quality of life.
- Caregivers get access to support services and education – helping to create a supportive care team.
Grace Community United Methodist Church
1190 Gold Hill Road
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Church of God
221 Academy Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715
Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2:00pm
Thursday 10am – 2:00pm
Now Accepting Registrations!
- Download, Print, Fill-out and Return Registration Packet
- In-person interview and assessment. Assessment fee is due at this time.
- All required paperwork is received from physicians, etc.
Magnolia Memory Care, Inc.
2764 Pleasant Road. Suite A PMB 876
Fort Mill, SC 29715
We are Here for Caregivers
The Minds Matter program lets caregivers take a break from the emotional and physical stress that accompanies caring for someone with dementia. While here, your loved will be in a safe, caring, and constructive environment. This allows you time to tend to your own needs, enjoy social time with friends or just rest.
Programs and Services
Memory Exercises and Socialization
Cognitive stimulation can help reduce decline or produce short-term improvements in mental function. Our person-centered daily routines incorporate Cognitive Stimulating Programming that use technology and help create a sense of purpose while preserving dignity.
Music and Art Therapy
Music and art help provide calming and are outlets for expression. The daily programs are taught by Dementia trained professionals to enhance brain stimulation with positive outcomes.
Physical activity is essential to brain and overall health. It helps maintain blood flow to the brain and may stimulate brain cell growth. Our activities included fun, muscle-stimulating exercises that promote strength, balance and fall prevention. We might do chair exercises, dance, yoga, walking or even chair volleyball.
Brain Healthy Meal and Spiritual Support
A brain healthy meal will be provided daily. Your loved one will also receive spiritual support from local clergy.